If you’ve seen my Instagram account, or a certain number of other fashion blogger’s accounts, in the caption of some of the posts, you might have seen the saying “I’ve linked my outfit here”, or “all the details are linked here”, then a tag to @liketoknow.it followed by a URL like www.liketk.it/2oap5. I’ve explained it in a couple of my Insta posts, but not everyone has seen it, so this is dedicated to explain what liketoknow.it is, how it works, and why you need to use it!
In short, Liketoknow.it is a FREE way to shop your favorite looks from your favorite Instagrammers! All you have to do is visit liketk.it (or liketoknow.it, either works), sign up for an account (because they need an email to send you direct shopping links). Once you’re set up with an account, you’re ready to get all the product items from your favorite Instagrammers sent to your inbox at the convenience of at home shopping!
So the question is how do you tell them which outfit deets you’d like to know. There are 2 ways you can do this:
- This method is easy and recommended, but sometimes has a glitch and doesn’t work. When that happens, refer to method 2! Once you have a liketoknow.it account, every time you browse your Instagram feed, and see an outfit you like, just “heart” it, and depending on your email setting, you will get the shopping links to the items of that outfit delivered to you either immediately, daily, or weekly. And of course, this only works on the posts that utilize liketoknow.it. The way you check to see if a blogger uses this service is to look in the caption for that mention to @liketoknow.it as well as a URL, something like www.liketk.it/2oap5.
- If you’re not getting an email even though you “heart” a post in which the blogger mentioned @liketoknow.it followed by a liketk.it URL, surprise, you can also use that URL (case sensitive) to see the items now, no waiting for an email! You’d still need an account though, so you’d need to log in to shop the items. If you don’t have an account, using the URL will direct you to create an account.
So for example, if you “heart” the outfit I posted recently on my Instagram, you’d get an email in your inbox with something like this. You would see the same thing if you visit the link I used in my caption http://liketk.it/2oauV
Now click on any of the items below my photo, and it will take you directly to where I purchased my outfit!
*Yes, I mentioned you can change your email settings to only receive emails weekly, it will be a roundup of all the outfits you “hearted” on Insta that week, so you don’t get cluttered with way too many emails because yea I know, an email every time you “heart” an outfit? But personally, I have my setting on “Immediately”, because once I see something I like, I must know it right away, but that’s just me.
So why should you take advantage of this liketoknow.it app? For several reasons:
- It saves you time, and it saves your favorite bloggers time. When your favorite blogger posts an outfit, and if it’s a really cute top, I’m sure she’d get tons of emails, comments, tweets etc. asking her where the top was from. I’m sure if she answers all of everyone question’s about the top, she’d spend too much time answering the same question, and no time left for blogging. And if you are left to do all the research yourself, you’d get frustrated too if you can’t find where to shop for that top for yourself! So isn’t this app a handy thing, no need to ask anyone and wait for an answer, you get it delivered straight to your inbox!
- The links will be there, always available for you! Sometimes, it’s not a top that the blogger just posted today. I stalk other bloggers often, and I would scroll down their Instagram feed to something they posted 2 months ago (so shameless), and I would wonder where the heck they got that cute sun hat and sexy swimsuit from, because I happen to plan my beach trip now, but not 2 months ago. If I comment on their post asking, chances are they won’t even see my comment, or remember where they got the swimsuit. I find that it makes it easier if I just use the URL link to their liketoknow.it post. If i’m lucky, that swimsuit is still in stock in my size, then score!
And just an FYI, you can always see all of my posts that I ever linked on liketoknow.it here at www.liketk.it/withlovelilyrose/
- It could save you money. As a blogger who loves helping my readers, I often try to link similar choices to an item. For example, I posted this picture 3 months ago, and used liketoknow.it to link the shoes here www.liketk.it/2c9Mj
Notice in my photo, I have 3 pairs of very similar shoes, one of which is a designer pair from Valentino’s, can you tell which pair that is for $1145, the other two are $80 and $25? If you love the rockstud trend and don’t want to spend a fortune, I linked very similar shoes for you here in this post all for less than $130! Bloggers including myself will help you out as much as we can, if we could find a similar cheaper option, we would link it! So don’t worry, you have nothing to lose!
So I hope this post is useful to you. Liketoknow.it is certainly a popular way to shop your Instagram feed now as I see more and more bloggers are utilizing it. It doesn’t have to be fashion, a lot of other bloggers (beauty, home interior) and myself use the app for other categories as well. If you love finding inspiration from your Insta feed and would LOVE to know it, then this app is for you!
As always, drop me a question in the comment if you have any! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @withlovelilyrose and watch out for those posts that I use a liketoknow.it link.
Disclosure: The blogger whose link you clicked on to make a purchase from, will earn a small commission only if you make purchase, but you do not have to pay any extra cost. Think of it as a reward for us for finding that cute top for you to wear on your next vacation. We work hard to earn your trust and find the items you love. I wouldn’t post anything I wouldn’t buy (I mean I’m already wearing it in the post).